Prepare for Work in our Business Communication Course
Depending on your license type, the State of Maine may require you to take “non-trade related, degree type” courses. Our Business Communications online course is a 45-hour, non-trade-related course that meets the requirements by the State of Maine to become either a Journeyman or Master Electrician. In this course, you will learn valuable communication skills you will use in your career, especially if you decided to start your own small business.
Students everywhere are welcome to enroll in this course. There are no prerequisite courses necessary. This course has a six-month completion deadline.
You are required to fulfill 126 hours of non-trade-related training to go toward becoming a master or journeyman electrician. This course achieves 45 hours of your requirement and covers all the following materials:
- Communications foundations
- Professionalism: team, meeting, listening, nonverbal, and etiquette skills
- Communication in the digital age
- Planning business messages
- Intercultural communication
- Short workplace message and digital media
- Organizing and drafting business messages
- Revising business messages
- Positive messages
- Negative messages
- Informal business reports
- Formal business reports
- Persuasive and sales messages
- Reports, proposals, and presentations
- Resumes, cover letters, and job search communications
- Business presentations
Classes are Available
Let the experienced instructors at Maine Electrical Institute help you develop your communication skill set through virtual learning. We are ready to train you for a professional license and a thriving career as an electrician.